Wednesday 20 January 2010

Generic Conventions of film posters

My film trailer is a detective spoof I have now completed my filming and editing. I shall begin to research my next task this is to make a film poster for my teaser trailer.

To begin with I shall:

  • Research into the generic conventions of film posters
  • Research into film posters that have the same genera as mine does.
  • Take ideas form film posters that I can use on my drawing board.
  • Draw a rough sketch of my film poster.
  • Complete my finished design of the poster.

Generic Conventions of film posters

Below are three film posters that I have chosen because I fell that they have strong Generic Conventions for there genre.

1) Pride and prejudice





2) The Grudge

This film poster follows the generic conventions of a “Horror” film poster I have added arrows to show key points.



3) Sherlock Homes

This is film follows some generic conventions of a “mystery” film. I have added arrows to show key points.



Evaluation

  • I like the Sherlock Homes poster and it also fit in with my genre of film.
  • I will be using aspects from the other film posters in my own
  • Although I would like to base mine around the Sherlock Homes poster
  • I have research into the Sherlock homes poster and I have more with different charter in.

Below are the other posters that are related with the Sherlock homes movie.





SB



No comments:

Post a Comment